Monday, November 17, 2008

Blue Ridge Mountains



I don't think I could be more excited! My family is heading to a cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountains this weekend. It's a rare thing to be able to have all of the kids together in the same place at the same time. Memorable moments don't just happen when the kids grow up and go away to school and get married. It takes planning in advance. I spent about two weeks in July looking on the internet for the perfect mountian cabin for our family trip. We have been to a cabin for the last three years the weekend before Thanksgiving. The Alabama v. Auburn game is always the weekend after Thanksgiving and we definitley couldn't plan anything that might interfere with the big game. This is our first time to go the Blue Ridge Mountains. We have been to Mentone that last two years and loved it but I thought we'd try something different this year. The cabin looks awsome! Outdoor fireplace, four bedrooms, great mountain view, hot tub and pets go free. It's going to be great! We'll cook, sleep, play games, watch movies, hike, roast marshmallows, make Smores, read, go shopping and sleep some more. It's so much fun when we are all together on one place! One night Katie and Ben will cook dinner, Larry and Matt are cooking another night and Cara and I will cook one night. We will have tons of food! Last year we made pictures of all of us lying in the leaves in a circle with our heads together. It was hilarious until we realized the next day that most of us were covered in chigger bites! It was pure misery for the chigger infested! Can't wait! Good times!

1 comment:

Haley said...

I am SO JEALOUS! Yall will have to so much fun. I wish I could just be a fly on the wall. Is this Clarke's first vacation? Bless him.
I enjoyed seeing Katie today, as always. I know she is looking forward to getting away!
Chad and I went to Blue Ridge last year for a long weekend and absolutely loved it! It's such a beautiful place and the little town is very cute too. But you'll probably be satisfied just staying at the cabin! Hope yall have a wonderful and relaxing vacation! Happy Thanksgiving!